Homemade No Bake 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Granola Bars
I know there is a handful of you who could use an easy snack recipe made with ingredients you already have on hand. That is where these homemade granola bars come in. Who needs store bought expensive and chemical ridden snack bars?! You can feel good about eating these and giving them to your family and friends. These granola bars have a whopping 7g of protein and are unrefined sugar free and full of healthy fats. We are heading on a road trip to good ole Nashville, TN. My sweet Bryce as well as my sister and Brent will be keeping me company on this 8 hour drive! I wanted to make Bryce a yummy snack that she can eat while we are driving and that the rest of us can snack on as well. I halved the batch and put semi-sweet chocolate chips in their batch and no chocolate in mine! In future recipes, I cannot wait to add in dried fruits and nuts or even protein powder.
I made these with normal sized chocolate chips but I think mini would be best!
You are going to LOVEEEEE these no bake granola bars.
1 cup of natural creamy peanut butter (no salt added)- 256g
2.5- 3 cups of rolled old fashion oats (I did 2 and 3/4)
1/2 cup of pure maple syrup
1 tsp of vanilla extract
Optional Add Ins: Mini Chocolate Chips, chopped nuts, coconut flakes, dried fruit, flax seed, chai seeds, and protein powder.
For reflux friendly— use carob chips!
1. Melt the peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla together in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 15 second increments until mixed and smooth.
2. Add in your rolled oats and mix well.
3. Make sure it’s not too warm when you add in your chocolate chips- you don’t want them to melt. Once you think it’s cool enough add in the toppings and mix well.
4. Line a 8X8 square pan with partchment paper and then evenly distribute the mixture in the pan.
** I split up the mixture into 2 loaf pans and put different toppings in each— that’s an option as well.
5. Place the pan in the freezer for 45 minutes.
6. Remove form freezer and pan and cut into bars.
7. Store in the fridge for AT LEAST a day before moving to the counter for room temp storage in an air tight container.