When I say these are the BEST lemon bars.. I am dead serious. To be honest, I am not really a lemon person. I love lemons in my tea but as far as lemon flavored items go.. I am not a fan. That being said, I CRAVE THESE LEMON BARS. You eat one and then another and then you look down and the dish is empty. I first was introduced to this recipe in high school and it's been a staple ever since. I made lemon bars for my book club and all my friends loved them. Don't hesitate making these. They are inexpensive and so good.
2 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 cup of confectioners sugar (powdered sugar)
2 sticks of softened butter
2 cups of sugar
3 lemons to make 1/4 cup of fresh juice
4 TBS of all purpose flour
1 TBS of lemon zest from the peel
Confectioners sugar to dust on top when finished
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Soften the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds
3. Combine butter, 2 cups of flour and 1/2 cup of powdered sugar in a mixing bowl. Mix well until the dough is formed.
4. Place the dough in a greased 9x13 baking dish. Even pat it out into one layer.
Bake for 18-20 min.
While the dough is baking make the filling.
1. Combine 4 eggs into the mixer and mix on low for 5-7 seconds.
2. Add the sugar, 4 TBS of flour, 1/4 cup of lemon juice and 1 TBS of lemon zest and mix well.